Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Anniversary And Birthday Celebrations

Thirty years ago today my son Mike married his best friend Patty.

Praying the Lord will bless them with 30 more wonderful years.

Because she has to work on her birthday Friday, we chose to celebrate my daughter in law Jennifer's birthday today by having high tea at English Garden Tea Cafe

I highly recommend this beautiful little Tea House. It is set up to accommodate from a party of two to 20. If you want to have a celebration there, the owner asks that you please call one day ahead and the same if you plan on having a high tea. Walk ins are welcome for small tea or lunch. 

For fun we started out by choosing a fancy hat

Just Perfect Jennifer!!

I'm not really a hat person but for fun I chose a wide brim. You can't see the flowers on top but they were pretty.

We started out with each our own pot of tea.
 The tea menu has a large selection.
Jennifer's choice was 
Lavender Rose White –
 A fragrant blend of organic
 white peony tea,
 lemon verbena, lavender and rose petals.
 Light and delicious a tasty tea served hot or cold.

I chose Feel Better Blend – Caffeine Free
 Refreshing blend of chamomile, lemon myrtle,
 peppermint, eucalyptus, and ginger.
 Gently calms frazzled nerves and
 brightens blue moods.
 No I didn't have the blue mood,
 just love the flavor of the tea.




Her Victorian High Tea included the following....


All teas come with
 a pot for one with a tea selected from our
 Jasmine Pearl teas
A cup of soup, 
a fruit scone served with clotted cream and jam,
 selection of seasonal fruit,
a trio of sandwiches and savories,
 with a trio of desserts
 served on a beautiful three tiered tray
I chose not to have the Victorian High Tea today
 but instead had a yummy egg salad sandwich
 normally served on a croissant but today 
I chose homemade white bread.

The Victorian High Tea ended with a sweet home made birthday cupcake. And all those in the room including the staff singing Happy Birthday to her.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful celebration...Happy birthday Jennifer (I have an ex-daughter in law named Jennifer...we still get along just fine.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! Next time I'm in Tillamook, I'm having tea!! You know the place!

    ReplyDelete