Monday, September 18, 2017

Short Post - Picking Up The Needles Again


I enjoy crocheting and a couple years ago learned to knit. It helped pass the time in the waiting room while Joe was having CatScan's, MRI's and other procedures and the year of sitting with him in the chemo lounge while he was getting infusions. When he died, I laid my needles down and didn't pick them up again until.....this evening. It just seemed like the plastic jar sitting by my chair that held the yarn was saying to me "pick up the needles and start knitting". I did and wonderful, I remembered how. I am looking forward to a  cozy fall and winter sitting in front of my fireplace knitting dish clothes. For now, I have no interest in making anything else. I only make white ones made with white cotton yarn. They wash up nice and can also be purexed.
  • Bye for now
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • I'll love you for ever and for always
    Your Betty Girl

4 comments:

  1. Nice that you are taking up a hobby again, keeps you hands and mind busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny ... when I knit or crochet, I remember the funniest things. I can remember exactly what I was working on and what television show I was watching or where I was. I'm glad you are back at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I always have one project or another going on. The problem is when I make too many it's no longer fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to crocheting and knit. I make prayer shawls and prayer lap blankets. We also at church crochet plastic mats for the homeless.

    ReplyDelete