Saturday, September 30, 2017

Cross Country, Al's Nursery and The Mason Jar


This past Monday I saw this post on my Face book Page from my Pastor's Daughter who is attending Corban University in Salem.HELLO FRIENDS!
Invitation!! This Saturday I would love to see some of your faces at my XC meet here in Salem!
When: September 30th (Saturday) @10AM
(race starts at 11AM)
Where: Bush Park (Salem Oregon)
I never gave it another thought until about 10:00PM Friday night... "Well now" I thought to myself. I had only driven to Salem twice and that was to the fairgrounds. I looked at my iPhone Maps and the address of Bush Park looked "doable" So I texted my friend Ruthie and asked her if she would like to ride along with me and she said sure. We got there with no problem at all. But getting there wasn't the problem. It was after we got there.  There was no place to park. There were runners from Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana and Lots of big buses. A Salem Parks Dept truck pulled up and told us if we would leave the park turn left and go to the second light and turn left again, there was an almost empty parking lot and a lot closer to the stadium and track area. Great!! Next, how would I ever find my friends. No problem..... There was a couple walking next to us so I asked "you wouldn't happen to be here for the Corban team would you?" 
And sure enough they were, and knew where they were going. So they welcomed us to follow them. Bingo! There were our friends right in front of us, and an even better surprise was, Ruthie saw friends there that  she hadn't seen in a long time. What a fun time it was.


After the meet we were headed back to our car and came upon this group.....which happened to be the girls team from Corban University. They were having prayer. So we respectfully waited until they were finished and I got the biggest hug from my friends daughter.

Al's Nursery and Gifts in Woodburn was right on our way home. How convenient right?




They had it all. Fall, Halloween and Christmas



The above pictures were all inside. Then we went out to the next part of the nursery. Plants, bushes, flowers 




Weird Looking Pumpkins



Even the little birds enjoyed the straw and seeds on the ground

Lots of Ornamental Peppers. I always find walking through nurseries calming and peaceful..... and fun.

It was after 3:00 when we got back to Estacada and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. So we decided to have a late lunch/early supper at The Mason Jar, A Gathering Place

Good Food, Great Service and a great place to meet friends for a bite to eat. Right downtown Estacada.
Well that's all for now.
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
  • I'll love you for ever and for always
    Your Betty Girl

4 comments:

  1. Nice that you enjoyed the cross country and had a fun day with Ruthie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful nursery!!! Looks like you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your adventures, please never stop sharing them with us! Peggy

    ReplyDelete