Monday, June 5, 2017

It's A New Month, A New Week and a New Day

May was a very busy month. Mothers Day, a grandson's wedding reception,
and Memorial Day. Another first.  I wrote about this on my Facebook but some of my blogger friends aren't on Facebook so I'll do it again.( and speaking of FB, the last time I looked there were 117 likes, loves, and comments. On that post. I couldn't believe it. Didn't even realize I had that many friends. It made me feel very loved and surrounded by friends.)  I went up to Willamette National Cemetery early in the morning. The gates open at 7:00 A:M: and I was there at 7:20.  I wanted to take a picture of all the flags.One on every grave and the lanes were lined with flags. It was impressive and beautiful.

Joe always said if that  tree ( The big fir tree in the background) ever went away, he'd never find Rai's grave (his late wife). Now I use it as a marker.  I also know the marker number and how to get there. 

Yesterday would have been our 13th anniversary. Joe almost always bought me flowers, perfume and jewelry. So Saturday I bought 13 yellow roses. Twelve of them, are sitting on my table 


 And I took the 13th one up to the cemetery.
Sunday, I went to church with my son and his wife and after church they took me to lunch at Cracker Barrel in Tualatin . There was an hour's wait but that was OK with us because right across the parking lot was  Cabela's. So we spent a half hour there and the kids were able to pick up a "camping Kitchen" they've been wanting as they are tent campers. Then we went back to Cracker Barrel and enjoyed about 20 minutes in the gift shop. Cracker Barrel and Golden Corral were two of Joe's favorite places to eat when we were in the desert.
The song sparrows in my secret garden are enjoying their new feeder and are making a big mess on the ground I might add.

I bought this thistle feeder for my sweet little gold finches but this aggressive little character keeps scaring them away.

If you click on the picture and look on the top of the shepherds hook on the right, there is a little yellow finch.  They are no longer afraid of the sparrows, and both are enjoying the thistle. If you're wondering about the tall grass, my landlord would keep it cut, but I love having it just long and natural  I keep the grass down around my table and chairs. It is so peaceful and quiet in my little "Secret Garden".  Elaine and Bill thank you again, for your love gift to me when Joe died. You made my garden possible. He would have loved it. ( but don't think he would have stayed home long enough to enjoy it.) You know his happy place was behind the wheel :)
~~~~~~~~~~
I'm glad the month of May is over for this year. I glad it's a  new month, a new week and a new day. Sometimes it just "mows" me  down with the realization that Joe is gone and he's never ever coming back. Yes, I know and have heard all the things well meaning, caring, loving people say. "He's with Jesus, No more pain, I'll see him again in heaven" and these are all true. But that doesn't console this earthly body of mine. I miss his cuddles, his smiles, our every day rides, our friends we traveled with, it's the every day earthly things I miss, that breaks my heart. These feelings aren't there every day. It comes in waves sometimes when I least expect it. But May seemed like a rocking boat on rough waters. The Lord is with me in that boat. If He wasn't, I'd probably "drown". So now, I'm looking forward to June. Joe's granddaughter is graduating and I've been invited to the graduation ceremonies and the celebration that weekend. That means a train ride to Seattle this time for me. I always enjoy the train trips. 
Bye for now.
~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
I'll love you for ever and for always
Your Betty Girl

2 comments:

  1. I said it before, and I will say it again....Beautiful photo of you two. I can see the love between you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom died when I was a teenager a month before my graduation from high school. I remember telling myself 'I'll never, ever see my mom again....never.' Yet, I'd still look for her after school. For years I didn't grieve because I did not want my peers to see me cry. This wreak havoc on my emotional well being. Finally in my late fifties, I was able to grieve like I should have early on and life is much better. It is a rude awakening to find the person you love you'll never be able to see, touch, or hear again. I still have vivid dreams of my mom and I tell myself she came to visit.

    ReplyDelete