Sunday, May 21, 2017

Seven Months and Counting......


Do you ever get so tired from doing fun things that your body and your mind doesn't want to do what you want them to do?  That's what happened to me this past  week. It was so full of fun activities. 
Last Saturday was a Mother/Daughter/sister/grandma who ever female family member brunch at our church. I was blessed to have 9 of my "gals" there. My daughter, daughter in law, granddaughters and great granddaughters. I was so blessed and, overwhelmed. When that was over, I had 30 minutes to get home and get my TV set up for a live stream via chromecast  of my grandsons wedding.......taking place in Colorado!!!
It was so clear, so close up it felt like I was sitting in the front row!! And yes there were tears (after all it was my oldest son's first child (twins at that)

After the vows were exchanged the two fathers gave prayers of blessings on their children.
It was so close, I felt the two of them were walking right by my chair.
The week just kept getting busier. As soon as the wedding was over I headed to  Sandy to watch my grandson play T Ball.  Now if you want some 
good laughs, grab your camp chair, a few snacks and head for your closest athletic field and find a group of 4-6 year olds learning to play baseball.  They are precious!!!




Each child gets three times up to bat and the game is over..... no score keeping, no outs. Just a lot of fun.
Tuesday I picked my sister up at the train station in Oregon City and she spent the rest of the week with me.  It was fun sharing my walks with her.

One of the things we have in common is exploring historical cemeteries and there is one right here in Damascus. Some of the birth and death dates go back to the 1800's


One day this week made a trip to the St. Louis Fish Ponds in Gervais, Oregon. Not too far from Woodburn. My friends Jim and Neila are the Fish and Wild Life Camp Hosts. I picked up my daughter in Estacada so she could spend some time with her Aunt Jan and we made a day of it. 


Joe and I met Jim and Neila when we parked next to them at an RV Park near Blythe, CA. and became dear friends over the years . That's one of the joy's of RVing. You meet so many nice people and some of them become like family. Some of you may remember I blogged about Jim and Neila last year when they were camp host at Cascade Locks Fish Hatchery.

The ponds are so beautiful and peaceful. A place where you can just sit and pray or just contemplate and enjoy the quietness.The ponds are regularly stocked with pan size trout. 



On one of our walks,  we spotted a humming bird perched on a tree limb.

So the reason Jan came to visit was.....
Brandon and Jess came to Oregon City from Colorado for their honeymoon and to have another reception by Brandon's parents, Mike and Patty. A beautiful reception. As you can see, she wore her wedding gown for the occasion and  to Grandma Betty's delight they performed Their First Dance. Notice Brandon accidentally steps on her dress a couple of times, but it was just beautiful.

Today we went for a walk on a beautiful board walk nature trail. Can you see the turtle on the log?

There were many ducklings enjoying the beautiful weather with mom and dad.

~~~~~~~~~
When I started my blog today I asked, "
Do you ever get so tired from doing fun things that your body and your mind doesn't want to do what you want them to do?"  By the end of the week I found myself with tears when I least expected them, restless sleep, and today I could hardly walk a straight line!! Son David asked me where my cane was... it was in the back seat of the car.      
 So many memories kept triggering the tears
 
Tomorrow will be seven months since Joe died. First spring without him, first summer without him will soon be here.  He loved the sun and warm weather. Today after church, Jan and I went to the cemetery. It was much nicer than the last time. The grounds were dry, the sun was shinning and I could see three mountains.

 Pastor Bill, if you read this, over the years, I've remembered you always reminding me The "Sun will shine again" and having me sing with you the chorus,
"I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens Down at Your feet
And any time I don't know what to do
 I will cast all my cares upon You"

I've sang that song many times over the last seven months. And sure enough, the sun is beginning to shine again.

Bye For Now
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll love you for ever and for always
Your Betty Girl

2 comments:

  1. Betty, you are so lucky to have such a big family. The wedding was beautiful. How fun to almost be there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Betty. My condolences for your loss, gratefulness for learning a little and kudos for great photography!

    ReplyDelete