Friday, April 21, 2017

Girls Day Out




Today was a warm, beautiful, blue sky day and two of my dear friends and I went to the  Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm.


This is just a very small portion of the line of cars coming in to the Tulip Farm. As far as you could see was a line of cars.

 I wrote about the tulip farm last week and how wet and muddy it was.  
Today was much different. We still wore boots but it wasn't nearly as muddy as it was last week. 

The blooms were beautiful 

It seems everyone was enjoying a break in the weather.




As we were leaving this beautiful 61 VW bus pulled up.

I asked the gentleman above if he was the owner and he proudly said yes and he only takes it out when the sun is shining.
We finished our day with our regular trip to Bauman Farms and our not so regular visit to Al's Nursery in Woodburn. I purchased  Heliotrope and beautiful Red Zonal Geraniums. Now I just have to wait for a break in the forcasted rain for the next 10 days to plant them in my planters.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow will be six months since Joe died....an emotional day for sure because  It will also be a wonderful day as I welcome a new daughter in law to the family. My son David will be marrying Jennifer. After the wedding, later in the day, I will then watch my great grandson play T Ball if it doesn't get rained out. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was holding this little guy as a newborn in my arms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bye for now,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll love you for ever and for always
Your Betty Girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




1 comment: