Thursday, March 30, 2017

My Camera And I Went For A Walk

The weather hasn't been so good for walking lately. Oh I suppose I could have put on a rain coat and my boots and an umbrella, but I didn't. So today even though 

the clouds looked ominous I grabbed my camera and headed out the door.

I wish I could capture the songs of the the birds. 

So Peaceful, I practice deep breathing when  I'm walking, if I remember. In through the nose hold it, hold it..... out through the mouth.

Lots of rain means lots of moss. So soft.

Oh the stories that old truck could tell if only it could talk.....

I'm suppose to be using my cane when I'm walking but it's a little difficult to do that and take pictures too. I suppose maybe there's a little rebellion there too. I just don't feel like I need a cane, but PT folks think I do. The balance just isn't there like it use to be.  I haven't fallen yet, but I don't want there to be a first time either.

There are two of these very small, abandoned nests. I enlarged it but I'm sure thinking it's a hummingbirds nest. I remember one winter at Desert Pools in Desert Hot Springs, a momma hummingbird built her nest in the corner of the chain link fence around the pickle ball court.... and she would dive bomb the players if she felt they were to close to her nest. We got to see those eggs hatch and see the tiny babies. So fun.  I tried to bring up one of the pictures but I'm thinking I took them off and there on a CD now.  I'm going to be putting out my hummingbird feeders this weekend.

Just walking along enjoying the quietness and the day

This old barn is on a cement foundation

I have no idea what this is. Just a pretty weed.

Big bad clouds sure make for beautiful sunsets.

Tomorrow promises to be a nice day with no rain



I have the pillows on my glider and a pot of pretty flowers beside it. Finally found a cover to protect it from the rain. It doesn't quite fit but it does the job. I'm hoping to pull it off this weekend and enjoy some more outdoor time reading and gliding. :)

I've been waiting for this for a week and it finally arrived yesterday. A blogger friend of mine, Nancy, has nothing but wonderful things to say about it and my friend Neila uses hers all the time. I'm still reading the manual, a little apprehensive about it. I was always afraid of my grandma's old pressure cooker. But this seems like a very simple appliance to use and will certainly cut the cook time. I may get rid of my rice cooker now, but not my crock pot. I need that for potlucks.
Tomorrow is a very special day so I will be posting again, unusual for me but oh so worth it. So until then.....
Bye For Now
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll love you for ever and for always
Your Betty Girl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


8 comments:

  1. Count me among the Instant Pot users. I got mine a few weeks ago. So far, my favorite thing to make is yogurt. I joined the Facebook Instant Pot Community Group and have gotten many good recipes from that group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought one too as my big KitchenAide slow cooker bit the dust. I have heard nothing but good about the InstaPot. I have used a pressure cooker all my married life so that part didn't bother me. I agree with you, lots of directions. But I used it for the first time last night and make beef stroganoff. Used the saute function then the pressure function. I really liked it, but I will have to keep the manual nearby for a little while. The pressure function is very quiet not like my old pressure cooker hissing all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to get out and about, love your pictures, and that swing looks inviting we used ours for many years on the front porch of our house for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Instant Pot has a Slow Cooker setting so you can use it as a crock pot. You can even buy a glass crock-pot type lid for it. I've been using mine every day and I LOVE it!!! Don't be afraid to use it .. it's really quite simple. You'll get the hang of it in no tine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you are carrying on and trying to help others.
    We both remember how it felt after our loses. Fortunately someone guided us together and we helped each other to completely heal.
    Be Safe.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos Betty. Walking through nature enjoying the quietness of the day with camera in hand I find to be very therapeutic. Know the difficulties you mean by a cane in one hand and a camera in the other. Tried that one time when I had a sore ankle. Didn't work. Kelly really likes her 'Instant Pot' as well. She's only been using it a couple weeks and it works great. Keep up those nature walks Betty and keep that camera by your side:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super job with the camera, Betty. You took some very unique photos. Shows us the beauty of your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your instant pot is a rice cooker and it is a slow cooker aka crockpot
    Chili comes out great, pork ribs come out great, but with me barbecue chicken was a little bit dry once you get past the learning curve it's actually fun

    ReplyDelete