Monday, December 5, 2016

The First Snow

Dear Joe, 
Remember your answer in one of our talks when I was asking you what type of tires I should get when the snows come?  You said "none! You need to just stay home"  ( He knew my driving skills much better than I did)

Well the first snow is here. It's beautiful. But I am true to my word and the car is staying put in the driveway. Yes, the tears are here again. Another first with out you.  You hated being cold, and even though you are not there but are where it is nice and beautiful with Jesus, it saddens me to think you are buried in that cold, snowy cemetery.
That's why we liked being in the desert in October right? Totally avoided the snow. 

 Its so peaceful to just stand at the kitchen sink looking out the window at the beautiful, peaceful, clean, white snow. 
I'll love you for ever and always
Your Betty Girl



5 comments:

  1. Hi, Betty! It is wonderful that you're talking to Joe. I like to believe that he hears you and waits to see you again. When I think of my loved ones gone on, I take a great deal of comfort in a wonderful song entitled, "No More Night," reminding us of our eternal destiny. Here it is, done beautifully by the choir and orchestra of the First Baptist Church of Jackson, Mississippi. I'm using their version because the words appear in the clip. Being able to read them during the music helps internalize the beautiful lyrics. I hope you enjoy it:

    https://youtu.be/dsPxkTeEp2k (Cut and paste this in your browser.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Mike. That was powerful!! I've heard that song many times before but it has taken on a whole new meaning and has given me great comfort. Thank you so much for sharing.

      Delete