Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A new Great Grandbaby

Meet my great grandchild #9 Miss Memphis Reign Hall
She was born Nov. 7th,  she weighed 7lbs 15oz, and  21inches long. 

Daddy Jesse and Mommy Alyssa

My sister came to help me pack in preparation for my move.. if it doesn't fit, stomp on it right?  It was good to have her here. She understood my tears but she also made me laugh. 

Life is just full of changes right now.  The person that was going to buy the motor home backed out so I'm desperately trying to sell it again.  We have it listed on Craig's list. PM me if you are interested.

I found this cute personal waffle maker AND this pancake/waffle mix at Fred Meyer's (Kroeger's) recently. Just perfect for me for breakfast.

The other day as I was making one of my many trips to Goodwill, as I got out of the car, hundreds and hundreds of noisy geese were flying over head.  I debated about even getting out of the car but not even one "bombed" my car.

A few Christmas's ago, Joe gave me this beautiful diamond necklace and today I added this silver pendant. It is Joe's fingerprint.

And on the back is inscribed our wedding date and his date of death.  It is a sweet, warm feeling to have his fingerprint near my heart. Some have asked where I got it. The answer is I ordered it from the funeral home that handled Joe's services.

Since I wrote last I had a minor surgery on my foot. I had to have the toenail on my great toe removed. Another first in the fact that Joe wasn't there to help me make the decision to get it done and comfort me through the painful days of recovery. It's much better now.  Church was a little easier this week too. I had to go in Joe's workshop a couple times and that was sad.  His shop is as organized as everything else he laid his hands on. I'm going through so many other changes I decided to change my hair too and got a perm this past week. A lot is going to happen these next couple of weeks. I'll finish sorting and packing and I'm moving on the 28th. I'll come back on the 29th and clean cupboards and mop floors and on Wednesday the 30th The carpet will be professionally cleaned and I will close the door to the house I moved into when I married Joe, and continue my journey we talked about before he died. It makes me cry just thinking about it because he won't be there with me. I miss him so much. But time is my friend and the Lord is my strength. It will get easier. I think one of the hardest things for me right now is to not "help" God in things that need to get done, but "Let God Be God". He can do a much better job than I can.  He has just the right person out there to buy the motor home, He has always been there for me. My life verse, Jeremiah 29:11 says " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post Betty and I love you About Me section too. You are paving the road that many of us will travel after you and I appreciate your openness about your journey. Hope your rig sells quickly and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have your sister there to help out. Good luck with the sake of your rv, and keep looking forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your feelings. I am sure there will be many more exciting days ahead. Dolly and I are still waiting for our first great grandchild and we may never get to nine. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful great grand daughter to love. So glad you are blogging
    about Your Journey!

    ReplyDelete