Sunday, March 20, 2016

Almost Every Thing Tastes Wonderful He Says


As I said in my last blog, Joe was OK'd to skip a chemo session which gave him an extra couple of weeks to let his mouth heal and get his strength back. And let me tell you, he is eating everything set before him and anything he can find in the cupboards and pantry. He told his Dr. and nurses he couldn't remember what a good steak tasted like so  our dear friends Jim and Neila who  are in the area ( more about that in a bit) took us to Saylers in Portland. Now he remembers how good a great steak is!! He  enjoyed a cup of clam chowder, deep fried onion rings, veggies off a veggie tray, warm bread, a 8 ounce tenderloin steak, baked potato, a large glass of milk and TWO large glasses of water.  I was stunned.  He ate breakfast that morning, but nothing until supper there at 5:30.  His comment........"I was hungry"  This past week we have also hit, Sherri's Restaurant, breakfast at McDonald's twice, the Sizzler (doing that again Monday to celebrate Jim's birthday), Oh how I wish this could last for ever but we know that all good things must come to an end . Chemo starts again Wednesday the 23rd. But there are only four sessions left. After the 2nd one there will be another CAT scan then the last two chemo's. I don't know for sure what the next step will be after that, but I will let you know as soon as I do.


PLEASE CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE
Now about our friends Jim and Neila. We met them at an RV Park in Arizona when we parked next to them for a week or so and have been friends ever since. They have been such a support to Joe and I but it has been a friendship via phone and computer. They were in Florida for a couple of years, then this past fall they came back to the West Coast in California and Arizona. They are what we call Full Timers. Their 5th wheel is their permanent home. They can truly say our home is where we park it.


Right now they are work camping as hosts at the Cascade Fish Hatchery  It has been good for Joe to be able to spend time with Jim, and Thursday we picked up our friend Ruth and headed for Cascade Locks (exit 41) This place is so awesome  and is open to the public.  It is also the trail head for the Eagle Creek Trail

It is beautiful there. I especially like it because trains go by there all the time day and night. I asked them if they were use to them yet and they were.




Coho Salmon are raised in these ponds.  


What you are looking at here are baby Coho Salmon. Thousands of them.

We take time out from learning about the fish hatchery to take pictures for my blog. Jim, Neila,  me and Ruthie.

OK another update on re doing our guest room. It was time to lay the carpet so everything had to come out of there. There isn't a whole lot of room to put things in our home...... so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND NOW FOR THE FINISHED (almost) PROJECT


It felt so nice in there, we spent the evening just sitting in our chairs enjoying the new carpet.  Eventually a daybed, when I find exactly what I want, will go in there and the big chair will go away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment