Monday, January 25, 2016

Well, Did It Have To Hit Us All At Once?

No pictures today and just a short post. 
Just so you know, I'm not complaining and it is rare Joe ever complains.  This morning he woke up with sores in his mouth, and when I asked him if he was nauseated he told me no. There were some other issues, but I'll just leave it at that.  He ate his usual breakfast, but I noticed it took him longer. So on a hunch I called the nurse line at Knight Cancer Institute and was fortunate to get Nurse Hope, his nurse last Wed for chemo. So I told her what he was dealing with, that he wasn't nauseous  but he felt like he had a "gaggy" throat. Right away she said give him, and she named the drug, for nausea. So I did that while I was on the phone and then she gave me a recipe for a mouth wash until I could get to Fred Meyers and pick up a prescription for "Magic Mouthwash"  It numbs the inside of his mouth. Her recipe was a small amount of baking soda and salt mixed with warm water.  Within a half hour, he was feeling a little better and slept for a couple hours which made him feel even better. While I was on the phone with the nurse, she also scheduled an appointment for him tomorrow morning at 10:45 to come in for another re hydration IV
So that's it for now except Nurse Hope also told me that after the third chemo session is usually when the side effects start rearing their ugly heads.....This past Friday he finished his third one. 
 Well this is a nice development... he just got up from his chair and told me he's going to go for a 15 minute walk and enjoy the sunshine. I went outside to check on him after 20 minutes and look what I found..
You Go Joe !!

 You go Joe!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment