Sunday, January 17, 2016

This Makes Ten

Hello to our blogger family. Look what showed up in our email box this week.


~~~~~~~~



Hi Family and Friends!

Look who decided to come 2 weeks early. . . 





Araina Leeli White was born Wednesday, January 13th at 9:15pm! :) 

She was 7 lbs. 8 oz. and 20 inches long.

Everything went really well, and the three of us are now back home and resting.

We are so thankful to the Lord for the very kind hospital staff, a quick delivery, and a healthy baby!





Blessings and love to you all!

~Joshua and Kaitlin White


Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Psalm 117, Colossians 1:13-23

~~~~~~~~

Araina is our great grand baby number 10 and my oldest son's first grandchild.

Now for an update on us. Joe completed chemo #2 on January 8th and didn't really start feeling good until about the 14th. He struggles with just sitting and doing nothing during his down times,
 so little by little he is putting a primer on the walls of the guest room and slowly will be painting it. He felt well enough to go with me when I had a routine endoscopy/colonoscopy with good results Friday the 15th. Dr. told me I had "graduated" and won't have to have any more.


Another project Joe works on when he isn't feeling well is going through many, many old home videos and preparing them to be put on DVDS at Costco. Among them was one of a talent show at Lake Tamerisk RV Resort. Spending so much time in the house we were beginning to have a touch of cabin fever. So Joe suggested we take a drive to Veneta, Oregon west of Eugene, and visit our friends Ken and Sharon Brown. We communicated with them to make sure there were no colds or fevers and off we went. Until a few years ago, they spent time each winter at their winter home at Lake Tamerisk where  Sharon headed up a very funny talent show. They were delighted when we handed them the video. They know someone who can copy the talent show to a DVD and return the video to us. ( there were other videos of our family on there also)  
We had lunch  and watched the talent show with them. Sharon is a very talented lady. She is also a great cook. She served us a banana cream pie she made ( not knowing it was one of Joe's favorites). She also has a beautiful voice.  She has made many CD's and I think I have most of them. Her husband Ken is a retired pastor but still preaches when needed in the area when  a pastor is ill, or a church is in transition between pastors.

Ken sat a wooden block with one nail in it and ten more nails on the counter in front of Joe and told him to put all the nails on the head of the one nail in the block............

It's like a great balancing act.....

 For years Ken and Sharon have been involved in Samaritan's Purse, Operation Christmas Child and I suspect many of you have too. I love filling those shoe boxes. They volunteer at the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center in Southern California every year.


So I almost forgot another connection we have with each other.  Her brother and sister in law, Pastor Bill and Bea Griggs, were my pastors for many years while I lived in Estacada and he is the one who married Joe and I.  


2nd Annual Blogger - Fest
Before I close my blog this evening, I want to say how much we wish we could be at the Bloggerfest next Saturday. We waited all year for it to happen. But as most of you know,  Joe is getting chemo now and traveling isn't in the near future.  The Dr. did give Joe encouraging news though, that if is treatments go as planned, we could possibly come to the desert for a couple of months,(January and February) of next year.  In the mean time I encourage any of you reading this that are near  Quartzsite, to hook up with my blogger friends that will be at the Bloggerfest Saturday. I know you will have a great time. I look forward to all the blogs I'm going to be reading about what fun you had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment