Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Visits from Family and Friends


Today Joe had a nice visit with his Aunt Marlene who lives here and his cousin Cindy and her daughter Tammy who drove down from Centrailia, Wash.

They brought us a beautiful flower arrangement, just perfect for our Thanksgiving table.
Later in the afternoon, we had a wonderful visit with a pastor friend,Guy Shields. It was good to just sit and talk about those words no one really wants to talk about. Death and dying.  I remember my brother, who has since gone to be with the Lord say to me one day, and I'm sure he heard it from someone else, " Everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die to get there".  We have always believed only the Lord knows the number of our days and until that day we will we will continue serve Him to the best of our abilities
Tomorrow is one of those  days that we've not really been looking forward to. Meeting Dr. Hu, Joe's Oncology Doctor. But it is also a day when we will finally get answers to so many questions. I am so thankful Joe's daughter Kelly is going to be with us. She is on the road even as I am writing, coming from Redmond, Washington. She will go right back home after the appointment and prepare for a big Thanksgiving dinner with her husbands side of the family.  Speaking of Thanksgiving.... Joe's son and fiancee' will be here about 10:30 Thanksgiving morning to spend the day with us.  Joe and I are both so tired. No energy at all. They knew that so we all agreed, no big Thanksgiving Dinner. In fact, Joe eats so little still,(but is improving daily) that we decided a Swansons Hungryman's Turkey TV Dinner for each of us will work just fine. And Rob is bringing my favorite, a pumpkin pie for us to enjoy during an afternoon of football. We are all just so thankful for each of those days, the Lord is giving us, be it days, weeks, months or years, for family, and for friends.
Out of the blue one morning, Joe said , "I hope the Lord lets me live til I'm 80."Well that would make me a happy wife too. So a couple of days later, when I handed him the handicap card, he looked it over and started laughing and told me to check out the expiration date on it.  AUGUST 12, 2023.... His 82th birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment