Sunday, March 15, 2015

Our Bucket Is Almost Empty...For this Season Anyway

In my last post I said we were going to take an up close look at the B-29 "FIFI". 

I chose not to go up inside the plane because of the very steep ladder type steps. But the bomb bay doors were open and this is what I saw walking under the plane.

Joe did go up inside and one of the things that impressed him was all the instruments in that plane.

I asked him to stand by one of the propeller blades I guess you call them so you could see just how huge they are. It was just awesome to see that thing on take off slowly rise  in the air. I wondered if it was going to run out of runway before it lifted off.

This is one of Joe's favorite plane. The F104 Star Fighter. The wing blades are as sharp as a table knife.



This was last Sunday Joe could participate in the jam session here at Catalina Spa. He chose to play Somewhere My Love, Red Sails in the Sunset and Paper Roses. There was a good selection of instruments. Trombones, Saxophone, Spoons, Guitars, Bass Guitar, and Banjo. There was also a Cowboy Story Teller, who kept us in stitches, and a couple of "Remember When" that made us smile. All that is left in our bucket is the Men's Final Championship Tennis Match at the Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. Joe is really looking forward to that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before I end this blog I want to share with you what happened to me yesterday. So I go to Ralph's Pharmacy (Fred Meyer's for those back home) in Palm Springs to pick up my prescription. I slide my debit card. Six bucks. Do I want cash back $20. Message NOT AUTHORIZED. Clerk: Just swipe it again. Same message. I'm so frustrated, grab our back up card swipe it goes right through, get my cash and receipt and go. Later that evening, I check our banking account as I do every night to make sure there's no nonsense happening and what do I see? NONSENSE HAPPENING!!!!! Two $26 deductions PLUS the one on our other account that went through just fine. GRRRRRR To late to do anything about it. So this morning we were back there shortly after the doors open. I went prepared, with my paper work in order. A print out of my transactions in question, both debit cards, my receipt and FM card. I asked for the manager or assistant manager and right away was introduced to him. Told him my story, showed him my evidence and asked him how he was going to take care of this gross error. He smiled and said "I'm going to give you your money back." He apologized many times in the short time I was in there for the inconvenience and stress it caused me, had me fill out a short form and directed the customer service gal to finish up the transaction. She handed me $56. I said "No, $ 52 She said well for some reason I had it in my head it was $56 so keep it. No problem. I was back in the car no more than 15 minutes after I went in the store. I love shopping at Kroger Stores, no matter if it is Fred Meyers, Ralphs, Fry's whatever. And just in case I didn't make it clear, it wasn't the fault of the pharmacy clerk. She had never seen that error message before either. Did I learn a lesson from all of this? Yep, never, never, swipe your card more than once no matter who tells you to "just swipe it again"                                                                                                                                                                                 

8 comments:

  1. Love Fred Meyer - they always try and make it right. Have a fun rest of your stay and a safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, that was a great credit/debit card lesson! Thanks for sharing. Is Joe playing in the tennis tournament? At night, I look across Clark Dry Lake toward the Santa Rosa mountains and see the light reflections of your location and say "hi." Sure wish we had been able to spend more time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to be in Oregon at all this spring or summer?

      Delete
  3. Lesson ;earned, we Suzie checks our accounts daily as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've been having a good time checking things off this year's bucket list.
    Good thing you monitor your accounts like that or you could pay more than the products are worth.
    Kathy always monitors our accounts and it's a good thing as twice one of our cards was Compromised. We were in Florida and someone in California was using it.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been so much fun seeing you two back and of course the many times at the air museum (devoted wife you are Betty). Enjoy your tennis watching and safe travels. See you in Puyallup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check my statements frequently, but will be even more careful. I have been asked to double swipe, and have checked after without a problem, but will stil be on the look out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bombs look so scary. I can't image dropping one of them...enemy or no enemy.

    ReplyDelete