Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Week of Reconnecting and Connecting.

This past week was filled with medical challenges for me but by mid week, as long as I kept to a liquid/soft diet, I was back up on my feet and by the end of the week was ready to do the activities we had scheduled.

We met Rey and Irma on our honeymoon at Soap Lake RV Resort in 2004 along with four other couples and have continued to keep in touch with all of them. Rey and Irma live in Yuma and we had a great game of Mexican Train at their home along with two other couples they invited. After almost seven years, it was good to connect in person again.

This is a birds eye view of the 52 people who attended the First Annual Blogger Fest in Quartzite.  It was so nice to connect face to face with fellow bloggers. I am really hoping there will be a 2nd Annual Blogger Fest next year, so George and Suzie and others that weren't able to make it can be there. And thank you again to all who were involved in making this event happen.
aft
I think most all of the ones who follow my blog know I am a retired funeral director.  Having said that, I have a great interest in pioneer cemeteries. When we attended the New Christy Minstrels Concert a few weeks back, they talked and sang about Hi Jolly. I didn't have a clue. So after lunch at Crazy Jerry's Restaurant In Quartzite today, we set out to find the cemetery..... almost directly across the street from the restaurant on Koffa St.  I had Googled Hi Jolly and read as much as I could find, but actually going to the restaurant and reading the history there was very interesting to me.

Please click to enlarge so you can read the history here if you haven't been here before.




I also plan on stopping by the Old Yuma Prison Cemetery before we leave here.

And here is my last reconnect story. This is my friend Diane. We met in 1968 when her and her husband and family moved to Tillamook, Oregon. We went to the same church, raised our kids together. Shared laughs, tears and good times. The last time I saw Diane was in Quartzite and again in Canby almost seven years ago.We didn't have a lot of time to catch up Yesterday but we made the best of a half hour..

Jim was my daughter's sixth grade teacher. After retiring, he and Diane were able to pursue their love of being
RockHounds.  They are the owners of Gem Brite Lapidary and take their business on the road to Gem, Mineral, Jewelry and Fossil Shows. We will hopefully get to see them in September a lot closer to home at the Fairgrounds in Canby. Joe bought some plume agates and had them made into a beautiful Belt Buckle.

We have ten days left here at Pilot Knob before turning our truck house West for the last two months of our fun in the sun. 

Back to horseshoes and pickleball for Joe and whatever I find to do that's fun for me, one of which will include Bocci Ball.

7 comments:

  1. Quartzsite can certainly be a fun place . There are so many things in this little town that you don't see anyplace else.

    Glad to finally meet you face to face and certainly glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you could make it, Betty. It was so nice chatting with you.

    I just knew you would get to that cemetery sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are feeling better and were able to attend Blogger-Fest and were able to meet up with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all kind of knew you would gravitate towards the cemetery. lol So good to see you and Joe. Call you later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad you got to go to the blogger fest; I'm envious. Very interesting about Hi Jolly and the cemetery. Not sure if I just haven't noticed it before but I like the little frames around your pictures and narratives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so nice meeting you. I blogged about the Peoples Mortuary Museum in my blog. billandjanrvingtheusa.blogspot.com. I think you'd enjoy seeing it.

    ReplyDelete