Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Hat Lady

Friday we went to an Arts and Crafts show at the Yuma Fairgrounds. I say "we"....Most of the time Joe was out in the parking lot cleaning our car and watching military jets come and go overhead. Back to the craft show.  I went up and down all the isles looking at the crafts, watching Norwegian Lefse being made, enjoying the Yuma garden club displays. Then I came to this stall. It really got my attention. I had found THE HAT LADY!
The first item I found that I just HAD to have was this writing organizer. I chose the rose and white colored one. It included a tablet, a pen, an envelope.. And I only paid $5.00.  Now all I have to do when I want to write a letter (yes, there are a few people I still write letters to because they don't have a computer) is just grab my little organizer, go outside, set in my chair and start writing.


I have seen these before but thought the price on these little home made wine glasses was great. Only $5.00. She takes pretty little jelly glasses and glues them on to a candlestick base.


I have been looking for something like this to keep my ears warm in the mornings when I go walking. So I bought a grey one. My ears were toasty warm on my walk this morning.  $5.00


She sold ear warmer-scarf sets for $20


Caps 

Matching caps and scarves


Then came the fun part Hats, Hats, Hats.


Every color you could imagine




Each day was different entertainment. Today this strings ensemble was playing Christmas Music

Now I would like to introduce you to the Hat Lady. Meet Mrs. Patt Anderson.  I asked her when she found time to make all of these beautiful items.  She said she works on them when ever she isn't selling them... Their home base is in Sutherlin, Oregon. They spend their winter months between Yuma and Quartzite, AZ. She is NOT a vendor, so she only sells her crafts at shows like this one and also at the QIA Building in Quartzite and other places in the area that has craft shows.  If you happen to run across her at a craft fair, Be sure and tell her hello and what your connection to me is.  This is the fun of being an RV'er and a blogger.  You meet the nicest people and often they become lifetime friends.  In this case for sure, this will be one of those friends.

The Hat Lady's Schedule

~~~
The QIA in Quartzite, AZ
Jan 3, 2015  9:00AM-1:00PM
~~~
Yuma Fairgrounds, Yuma AZ
Friday, Jan 23 and Sat,Jan 24,  9:00AM-4:00PM and Sun. Jan 25, 10:00AM -3:00PM
~~~
The QIA in Quartzite, AZ
 Saturday, Feb.7, 9:00AM - 1:00PM
~~~
 Sat March 7  9:00AM - 1:00 P.M.




3 comments:

  1. I have one of those ear warmers and they are great... and don't mess the hair too awful and my head does not get too hot either, but the ears are nice and covered.. win, win....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talented lady!! I love crafts and those hats are beautiful. I need to crochet an ear warmer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - who would have thought you would find a lefse maker in Yuma!

    ReplyDelete