Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Saying Goodbye For Awhile


He was Joe's much loved Uncle Wes, and I adopted him when I married Joe. He was an encourager when I was down, gave wise advice when I asked, comforted me when needed, stayed by my side with Viola to the end. Late yesterday afternoon he went to his heavenly home. His brother and two sisters were already there to welcome him home. We  believe "soon and very soon" we will see him again.

Joe will fly to Portland on Saturday and  return here to  Catalina Spa RV Resort in Desert Hot Springs on January 4th.  The staff and friends here  are so kind and have told us if I need anything or help while he is gone all I have to do is ask.

Thank you in advance for your prayers as Joe travels back to Portland and I "hold the fort down here.

11 comments:

  1. Praying comfort and safe travels for Joe. Glad you are in a place where you have people around to help you out while he is gone. My condolences to you both - but like you say, "soon and very soon!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your uncle is probably in a much better place. and I'm so so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels to Joe, and we are just around the corner if there is anything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Uncle Wes. But his family is so happy to have him with them again. I know there is rejoicing in heaven. Hugs to you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Joe's uncle. Condolences to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about Joe's uncle. Hugs to you both, and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our prayers go out to you both on the loss of your uncle. What makes it worse is that it happened so close to the Holiday.
    Merry Christmas to you both.
    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Hugs to You and Joe too. So sorry for your loss. Good to know that you have friends close by. Sending up prayers and love to both of you.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for you, Joe and the rest of your family. It is hard to say goodbye to such a great person. I know you will be fine while Joe is gone. Hugs to you....

    ReplyDelete