Sunday, September 28, 2014

Two more Sleeps til we head South



In my last blog I told you I would share the major changes in how we would be traveling this winter. And here it is. A new 2014 Honda CRV! It had 39 miles on it when we took possession.  The Malibu had 108,000 miles on it and two recalls. Wednesday the one recall was taken care of, but the other one they are still trying to make the correction part. It was getting so every time we parked the car, when we'd get ready to go again Joe had to really work to get it back in gear. So later that same day, we stopped in at our local Town and Country Honda Dealer to "just look and ask questions"..... Five hours later our new car.

Tomorrow we spend the day at Camping World (yeah, I know) having a new tow bar put on the RV and brackets, wiring and what ever else is needed put on the  car to tow. Our other one was ten years old and Joe was starting to have trouble with the wiring connections and one of the bars not wanting to come loose sometimes.  We are still "reading the owners  manual" to make sure we have it ready to tow before we actually move.  So if any of you tow a CRV and want to offer us any how to's with the routine of what to do before we get started,  hooking it up is no problem and we think we've got  the gear shift thing down it's just a little unnerving the first time we do it.

We took a quick trip up Washington to say goodbye to my sister and Joe's kids and grand kids and of course show them the car. He asked me not to do my blog until he got to show them first.

We had a nice afternoon with his daughter and son in law and the grand kids, ending with a walk around the Redmond Town Center. It is huge and so beautiful.

'

We went to church with my sister this morning and after church Rob and Dannette joined us for lunch.My sister is such a good cook. I brought some goulash I had made and froze, and she put together a wonderful salad. But the best part was the tomatoes were out of her garden, she made the applesauce she served us and also the yummy jam. 


On our way back home this afternoon, Mt Rainier gave us a beautiful view.  I've said before, I've lived in Oregon now longer than I lived in Washington as a child and young adult, so Mt. Hood is "my" mountain, but I will always love Mt. Rainer.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new Towed. Nice looking wheels !

    ReplyDelete
  2. There comes a time when it is better to get a new vehicle than to continually try to keep the old one going.
    Glad you also had a chance to visit with family and friends before hitting the road.
    Looking forward to reading about your travels.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new car, Joe and Betty. Have a safe trip south!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice new ride! You are getting closer and closer to T day....tow day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 2010 CRV Toad and we had to install a charge line to the CRV battery from the coach as the battery would be dead after a short day on the road. It said in the book to pull a certain fuse but you had to be a contortionist to be able to do it. Camping World might have a better idea on that. My dealer told me it wasn't necessary but I didn't think too much of his advice when I went to back the car out of a spot only to find the car wouldn't start! The CRV is a great little car. We've really enjoyed ours. John

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really going to love that new toad. I'm sure it's excited about all the fun adventures that will be coming up when you head out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new Honda CRV - it's a real beauty.

    Save travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are all set for a great trip. Have a wonderful time and travel safe. Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete