Monday, March 31, 2014

We Got The Bug But The Anibiotics Are Kicking In

We left the California desert almost two weeks ago. By Saturday, Joe was sick with an upper respiratory infection. Wednesday when I went to the Dr. for my regular 3 month check up (and am happy to say I'm doing great with all my numbers) Joe went with me. Dr. put him on antibiotics and he is getting better now.
Then Friday afternoon, my throat started getting sore and I started running a low grade fever. Oh no. We are less than 2 weeks from getting on that plane to Hawaii. Saturday and Sunday I mostly spent in bed. This morning I  sent a message to my Dr. (we have a wonderful program called "My Chart" where I can send him a message and he responds back). I told him I was sick and what did he think of putting me on Zithromax Z-Pak and the answer was a quick yes!

We are in between trips right now so I thought I would share some of my flowers in my garden with you. 

We are really happy that we could hire  our neighbor to care for our yard while we are gone.


While I was taking pictures I looked up and dark storm clouds were forming for our next down pour of rain.

Our Lace Leaf Maple is bursting with new leaves

Mr. Lincoln Rose Bush is sporting new growth

Our Azalea hedges will soon be fiery red again 

And the blue berry bushes are going to be loaded again this year. We told Mr. neighbor to eat all the blueberries they could other wise the birds will get them.

And not to be outdone, the rhubarb is saying "look at me" I'm going to give that nice neighbor fruit too.

I knew Joe was on the mend when he went outside this afternoon and cleaned both the  TruckHouse and the Malibu........remember that dark cloud I showed you????  I'll let you figure out the rest of the story.

9 comments:

  1. Sure do want to read that both of you are feeling a whole lot better real soon. No being sick in Hawaii. I love azaleas. When we lived back east we had so many of them in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make certain you are well enough to go to Hawaii. That's a trip neither of you should be under the weather for. You have earned it.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get well soon and ready for your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling all better by the time you leave for Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather get the cold now than while in Hawaii so at least you should be feeling a lot better by the time you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to kick the sickness in the teeth/butt while you're in Oregon in the rain, rather than when you're in Hawaii. Glad you're eliminating the dadgummed thing in the first stages.

    Spring in the Northwest is my favorite season in a lovely place. The flowers can't be beat.

    Tell your neighbor that the gardening is wonderful. Wow! I'd like to come home to those bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you and Joe are both totally well by the time you take your big trip to Hawaii. Take good care of yourselves and each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you came down with a bug. I hope that it isn't something serious.
    Love your photos of the spring. Seeing this I feel hope for us here in the cold east. There must be a spring around the corner for us too!
    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh,oh, I missed this post. Found it when I came to read today's. Gee, what a difference a week makes.

    How are you feeling now? or is that in your next post? lol....sooo behind.

    ReplyDelete