Sunday, February 23, 2014

Meeting Peter and Beatrix





In my last post I showed the  hat I bought and promised to show it again when I made it look more to my liking. If you click on the picture you will be able to see it up close. I went to JoAnn's and purchased some black lace and a bow that had a clip on it.  I attached the lace with two hat pins, one in front and one in back, clipped on the bow. Easy peasy. I have other options for my hat. One being a pretty lavender scarf that I can attach the same way  and tie a bow in the back.

I needed a small pan and found this at Ralph's (Kroegers)  It's perfect for one or two eggs. But the fun part of it was the spatula that came with it. Cute huh.

Love the Red.

New friends Dave and Marion also from Oregon, stopped by for a quick hello. The bike is a Tandem Recumbent style bike and the manufacturer is BikeE 

Last week we met George and Suzie of Our Awesome Travels. While visiting with them, George mentioned Peter and Bea of American Traveler were in Holtville, about three hours or so from where we were.  I have been following their blog for a year or so and never in my wildest dreams, because they live so far away from us, (Campobello Island where they live lies off the southeast end of New Brunswick and the Northeast tip of Maine) did I ever dream we could meet in person. So I fired off an email to them asking if we could possibly find a half way point and meet for lunch. Bea found a restaurant on line in Borrego Springs that accepts dogs on the dining patio. So we had lunch with them at  the Red Ocotillo.  What a delightful couple. The time went so fast. Peter took some great pictures and posted them on his blog American Traveler Thank you George and Suzzie for the heads up that they were so close.

There was a moderate wait time for our food but this is not a complaint. The food was wonderful and it gave us more than enough time to visit.

I hope Bea didn't tire of all my questions but that's how I get to know someone. And she has a wonderful story of how she and Peter met. 


This is Molly. So beautiful and such a lady. When we were seated, our waiter brought Molly a bowl of water and a bone and she thanked Bea with a high five.

After lunch and saying our goodbyes for now, Joe and I decided to go to Julian to buy a pie. It was only 22 miles from where we were......Bea told us it was winding and hilly.  I guess we just didn't get it.  20 mile and hour curves, steep drop offs and rock mountain sides, but  very beautiful scenery. When we arrived, there was no parking, lots of motorcycles, vehicles and people. There were a couple of horses tied to a hitching post, a llama for people to pet, carriages for rides.. I don't know if there was some sort of celebration going on or if that was just a ordinary Saturday. We finally parked in a lot that said Parking for Birdwatchers (a store for everything about birds) only.  So we locked the car, ran across the street, got our pie and hurried back to the Birdwatchers store. We went in the front door, looked as we went for the side door where we were parked and headed for home. By the way. The apple pie was "scrumpdillicious"

On the way home, our 2006 Chevy Malibu turned over One hundred thousand miles and she's still going strong.
I told Joe if God didn't stop giving us such beautiful sunsets we were going to wreck the car trying to take pictures while the car was moving. So  he stopped the car (no one was coming either direction) and took this picture.



9 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the shout, Peter and Bea are really a great couple, so glad that you finally got to meet them.
    We are thinking we may stop by the Hot Springs and say Hi to them on our way back east,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a bicycle Dave and Marion have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just makes me so happy to see you and Joe meeting up with folks and living your life so fully. I smile all the way through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't Peter and Bea just wonderful folks? But that Molly girl is one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen and such a lady. Love your new fry pan. That spatula is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta say thanks for the compliments to everyone here. It sure was nice meeting with you guys and hope we can meet again some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, Betty you didn't tire me out!
    That's the way it is when you have only a short time visit and you want to cover everything. You just have to "fire off" your questions! ;))
    Glad you got your Julian pie, that's a must!
    Since I knew that you are a bit apprehensive about dogs I was so pleased Molly chose her very best behaviour that day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love meeting new friends. We met Peter and Bea on the run in Q last year.

    So pleased that you're having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new hat! I'm always on the lookout for a good hat - a big brim really reduces eye strain in the sun bright desert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love seeing pictures of Molly. She is such a beautiful dog. Reminds me a bit of our Poppy girl.

    ReplyDelete