Monday, February 24, 2014

An OH NO! kind of day!

Oh No! Look what I did to this poor plant. When my sister gave it to me the whole plant looked like the leaves on the right. With lots of tender loving care, I brought it back to life and it came with us to the desert. I have been so careful to keep it out of the sun until yesterday....... I sat it on the dashboard Saturday while I was cleaning my counters and forgot it. Today while reading Jim and Mary's Blog. She made a comment about hand watering some of her plants and it jogged my memory. I can salvage it, but it sure frustrated me that I forgot about the poor plant.

Oh No! The horseshoe buddies are back together again in the same park......with out their shirts.

OH NO! He hung two ugly, heavy bottles on each end of our awning. ( might want to click on the picture to see it up close)  It gets windy very fast here and for sure you never want to leave  your awning down over night or if you leave the park. You may not have it when you get back. I like things to look nice and pretty. But today, even though there wasn't nary a breeze, Joe was going to be away from the rig most of the day playing pickleball and pitching horse shoes and I can't put the awing down by myself. The heavy jugs (but not so heavy they damage the awning) helps stabilize it.

9 comments:

  1. Now, it takes a great man to think of a solution like the jugs to hold the awning in place.

    Last year in Anza Borrego State Park, we had a gust of wind that partially damaged our awning. Thanks to Jim Dixson, we still have a working awning.

    What would we do without men?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Oh No's. I finally ended up throwing out my poor plant. There was just no saving the poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will remember that if we ever want to leave ours down. Soar we have rarely used it at all, and it has some sort of auto retract feature that makes it roll up by itself up in breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute blog.

    It looks like that is a violet plant. If so, get it out of the sun and water it. It should come back very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about you little African violets. They are usually pretty tough though so I know you can bring 'em back. I bet they were wishing for some sunscreen lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoy the weather and secure the awning. We have friend the Jim and Sharon now he enjoys the volley ball in the upper pool right by your place, Jim is a skinny wiry guy shaved head... from Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sure the guys aren't posing for a calendar? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell those two they can breathe now. I'm sure there was some "gut sucking-in" going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry. The African Violet are tough. I used to have them years ago and I remember that they like to have a period of dryness to rest. They will wilt totally and after a while, when you start watering little by little, they would come back with leaves and lots of flowers.

    ReplyDelete