Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Improving

I wanted to update those of you who knew that Joe came home from work sick on Sunday. A nasty bug is going around this area. Fever, cough, loss of appetite, lethargic and he had it all.  But this morning I think he turned the corner. The fever is gone, the coughing is less, still not much of an appetite, but he is being careful to drink fluids. This morning he rearranged some pictures on the hallway wall for me in preparation of more being added in a few months, but after that he made a "beeline" for his recliner and has been there ever since, trying to watch the Rose Bowl game but dozes in between. He wasn't able to work Monday, Tuesday or Today, and is thankful he has until next Monday to get back on his feet.  

8 comments:

  1. Glad he's better but I can't emphasize enough that he needs to take it easy or it will be 0 steps forward and 3 backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is a good way to start out the new year! Hope he keeps improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't he know that he is supposed to have a Healthy and Happy New Year. You both are going to have to start this year over again. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe,
    Get well quick. This stuff is nasty. Bob has had a horrible cough for over a month. Now I'm getting sick - sneezing, coughing, wheezing. Yuck!

    Glad you have some time off to recuperate.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Joe continues to improve. I'm sure you're taking good care of him.

    Not a good start to a new year but it can only get better from here on in.

    Loving Wishes for a great 2014!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping Joe continues to improve and is back to 100% real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty: I must have missed a blog; I didn't know about Joe not feeling well. That's too bad and I hope he'll be his old self really soon. Have you two had the flu shot this year? That's what keeps worrying me - I haven't because I haven't wanted to pay for it and don't have aKaiser facility nearby on my travels. So, I'm trying to be circumspect about exposure; but, he can't do that with his job of driving people around. Have a very happy new year and I hope to see you during 2014!
    Get well hugs for Joe!

    ReplyDelete