Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I'm Still Here.........Just Not Motivated

It's been three weeks since I've posted. True I've had a virus that just keeps hanging on. I told Joe if I could just cut my head off at the shoulders I'd be fine. That was until it settled in my chest. I only had a fever one day...last Saturday. It's just a nagging cough and a drippy nose that's making me miserable. I do have a Dr. Appointment for next Monday if I'm not better by then. 

Our RV is still winterized and we are still at home. We are in the middle of a "deep freeze" It's 28 degrees at the moment, and is forcasted to stay this way into the end of next week. Joe doesn't want to de-winterize it until it stays between 35-40 at night. Sooooo we will still go to Washington for the holidays, but we'll stay with my sister instead of taking the rig up there.  We have our reservations made  for January and February in the desert, but those might have to be changed, if as the time gets closer to leave we feel we shouldn't go.  There is always next year. 

Joe's work gave him a really nice retirement party.  I'll be posting pictures later. It was sad but sweet.  The residents love Joe and hated to see him go. 

I do enjoy reading your blogs and am looking forward to when I feel like posting more often again 

14 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your not feeling the best.

    Taking the rig with you for the holidays might be a wiser decision than you think. Upon leaving your sister's you could just continue south. The warm dryer air will help clear out that cold and waiting until next year is not always possible either. Your health could be worse by then making it impossible to travel. You never know what the future holds so "Get while the Getting's Good"! Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we left Oregon just in time.It's beautiful and warm in Central Florida :-)

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we left Oregon just in time.It's beautiful and warm in Central Florida :-)

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I was hoping you and Joe would be getting out on the road now that you have the freedom to do so. I've missed seeing your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your cold. I had a really bad one this year. Hope you didn't catch the germs I left in Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - I so know what you mean about not feeling motivated to write a blog post. Happens all the time to me. But I'm glad you posted to let us know what's happening. When you don't feel good that makes it even harder to do things. Feel better soon and I hope you can come to the desert in January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you have not been up to par. I figured you guys were on the road somewhere. Hope you get to feeling better. It was 16 here this morning. Brrrr!! Watch out for that snow that's coming our way on Friday. We're stocked up on bird and squirrel food so our critters will at least be well-fed haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you will be feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So we are not the only ones being home yet. Oh well, the desert will be there when ever we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear your are sick.
    It's still mild hear in the east. (5C today) 41F. Tomorrow they say it will be 9C (48F)!
    But that can change every day now. There has just to come a nor'easter storm and we are down in the freezer!
    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are well on the road to wellness..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please keep yourself warm and hydrated. I hope you shake that nasty virus and improve in short order!

    Take care of yourself, please.

    I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon, sorry the weather there isn't cooperating right now.

    ReplyDelete