Monday, September 30, 2013

What I Do On A Rainy, Windy Day


It was rainy and windy all weekend, but being born and raised in Western Washington, and spending the majority of the rest of my life in Oregon, I really don't mind this weather. It's about this time of year I drag out my yarn, and start a crocheting project. This one, will be a very simple afghan.

Another thing I like to do when it's raining and stormy is cook. So today I spent a good share of the morning preparing dinner for this evening. Our Daughter in law gave us a couple of crabs recently and I put them in the freezer until today.....
A lot of work for a crab salad for supper, but oh so worth it.  Thank you Patty.


The final result.......
The other thing I did this morning was take a package of left over pot roast out of the freezer, let it thaw, added fresh potatoes and carrots, left over frozen vegetables I found in the freezer too, and made a pot of Pot Roast Stew.  Sorry the  pan looks a little messy, I took the picture after Joe had two helpings.


11 comments:

  1. They keep talking about all the rain up the PNW on the news. That soup looks like the perfect end to a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things to do on rainy days. I also like to go to movies on rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good way to keep busy Betty. I made a Christmas pillow for my busy work. Did you see the rainfall records that we broke this weekend? Lotta water came down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crab salad. Yours looks delicious.

    Glad you don't let the weather slow you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the hatchery workers had to volunteer for cleanup in Hebo, so there must have been a mess! Rainy days are good for indoor activities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd sure like to try that crab salad. I've never had it before. Are those some of your home grown tomatoes in it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty: Each post I read, I recognize more things we have in common. We've spoken a little about crocheting and now cooking. I love rainy-day activities, especially cooking, baking, knitting and crocheting.
    If you haven't tried it, and you have a nearby yarn shop, take a look at Berroco "Comfort." I've used it a lot for afghans, kids' sweaters, headbands, Christmas ornaments. There's almost an infinity of colors and it washes fantastically with no pilling. One of these days I'll post some of the photos of my Guatemalan "students." It was wonderfully fulfilling to teach them a craft they can earn money practicing. mary-pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! That crab salad looks so good. I am drooling all over the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pot roast stew looks delicious. No wonder Joe had seconds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soup or stew is my answer to rainy dark days too. But that crab salad really looks delicious and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That crab salad looked WONDERFUL!! I too crochet in bad weather :)

    ReplyDelete