Friday, May 3, 2013

Some Have Asked To See The Inside, So Come On In.

Freeda, Cozied up against our house

Our previous Motor home was 32 feet, so we pulled it up to the very edge of the gravel with just enough room to bump the Malibu up to it. We are a one car family now, so the Malibu is parked in the carport.

I have the passenger seat pulled forward as far is it can go. One of the few complaints I have is, I like to push my seat back as far as it will go, but with seat there, it pushes back of the dinette seat forward. Over head, is a Queen size bed. But we felt it wouldn't be safe or practical for that to be our bed.
 
This little couch  is a feature Joe and I really like. It can be used as a small settee, a single bed or, a 2 person table. For the two of us we will probably use it as the computer table/ dinette table and make the dinette table into a lounge with lots of pillows to watch TV.  In the position it's in now, we have two large shoe boxes stored under the seat.  When we need that area, the boxes can be moved to an outer bay.

Both tables have an interesting concept. There is a lever underneath the table and you can gently push the table top straight down to the seats, and make it into about a 3/4 size bed. There is plenty of storage under both seats and we have two large plastic boxes the full length of the booth on each side. There are cupboards over the dinette too. I have put shoe box size plastic boxes in all of the cupboards exept in the kitchen area.

I will miss my convection/microwave oven, but this little oven will work. I have my crock pot, rice steamer on board also.

Joe used  grip shelving on  every shelf, and drawer. The two things that bother him most when he is driving, is a loose drivers seat and rattles in the cupboards. When we go to RV Shows, the first thing he does is set in the driver's and make sure it's tight, then he goes right to the table to make sure it doesn't wiggle. He's not sure he likes the table in here. The service department tightened it as much as they could so we'll just have to see. 

I was spoiled with our Aerbus. I had double door refrigerator/freezer. but this one is very nice.  One thing we did learn when we were traveling is to be aware of our weight. I use to load that thing with everything out of our house fridge/freezer, and all the pantry items, canned goods and what ever else I could stuff in the cupboards.  Now its travel light with the bare necessities, and shop when we get to the destination.

The shower isn't huge, but we can turn around to get wet all over. I'll put Velcro on the curtain to make it stay close to the shower wall.

And the toidy. They somehow managed to get a little sink in between the shower and the toilet. The little space behind the toilet will hold the toilet paper, but behind that cupboard door are four more shelves just like that one.Just triangle shelves. So I'll put all the toiletries in a plastic box with a lid, and set them in the shower until we arrive at our destination, then set them back up on the shelves, reversing the procedure when we are ready to leave.

And the bed. We have now gone from a King to a full size bed with the corner closest to the bathroom door cut at an angle so the door will open. I just want to say here, that the beautiful, reversable quilt on our bed was a wedding gift from daughter Chris. It goes where ever we go. We've always called these a Bed and Head. I also always said I never wanted one and certainly not one that is right next to the kitchen. Well now we have both. But there isn't much else that can be done with 23', and we wanted 23' with NO slides.  There you have it. Thank you for asking to see what's inside. Tomorrow we take the rig in to have the TV installed on a swing arm. I had to laugh today, poor Joe worked so hard to have the big bay organized with all the things he needs to have in there.  The compressor kit for the tow package is at the very front left corner of that bay.  It has been running off and on day and night since the day we brought it home. ( which makes me a little crazy because I'm a light sleeper and Freeda is parked right under our bedroom window.) So when we told them yesterday what was happening, right away the service guy said it's been wired wrong.  So they are fixing that tomorrow too. Remember a little earlier in this paragrah I said Joe had everything organized........ not now. It's all back out so they can crawl in there to fix it.

Speaking of Joe, Decisions, Decisions. We're in the garden section of  Home Depot. He is doing a landscaping makeover in  front of the house

From this....


To this. If you click on the picture to enlarge it and look down on the patio by the satellite dish, you'll see the flowers that will be going in there.

Viola is still putting puzzles together and reading her books. Then she wants Joe to take a picture of the finished project. 

Supper time. Her favorite thing is TV dinners..... The little Banquet ones. If I'm fixing spaghetti, or pasta and cabbage or something she really likes, she'll have some. And for lunch you ask? She told Joe a few months ago, I don't want lunch. Her lunch consists of her very favorite thing.....a bowl of popcorn. We have had to stress to her the importance of drinking fluids. ( she gets dehydrated so easily and when it comes time for her 3 month Dr. check up, her blood is so thick, the lab can hardly draw it out of her. So she sips on her bottle of water  in the morning and has her bottle of Vita rain or something close to that in the evenings.  For those of you that are new to our blog, Viola is my 98 year old mother in law who lives with us.She'll be 99 in December. Except for  being almost deaf, she is in pretty good health. We are enjoying a few days of beautiful weather and I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.


10 comments:

  1. We had a convection/microwave oven in our motorhome. I never got the hang of the convection part. I either undercooked or overcooked most of our meals.

    Viola looks so good! I love popcorn but not for lunch. I eat it as a snack at night.

    Thanks for the tour. Looks like you have a very nice "home-away-from home" RV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour, you will have many good times in your home away from home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, you are so organized! I love your home on wheels...just perfect for the two of you.

    Viola is so cute! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everything is coming together for you. I bet you can hardly wait for your maiden voyage.

    We've spent lots of time recently in that same department of Home Depot. It looked so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new rig. Not sure I could handle that corner bed though. I can't imagine how hard it is to make it. But you always learn to adapt and it's size so much nicer. Vi looks great. My Aunt Happy also doesn't eat lunch. But she has a good breakfast and a small dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new rig and thanks for the tour, it looks great.

    I'm sure you are both going to really enjoy this new RV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They certainly have put a lot of thought into this layout. You have everything you need in a small space. I sure hope you get some trips in it pretty soon. viola looks great and at her age I say if she wants TV dinners and popcorn, let her have it LOL!! Have you tried putting just a bit of cranberry or other juice in her water just to give it a little flavor? Might make it more palatable for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 23' is a great size. You'll be able to go anywhere you want and get in any campsite. Thanks for the tour. You've definitely made the place your own. I admire your organization. Hope you get to go out and use it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot...I wanted to say how beautiful that quilt is. That's a special blessing to have something with you that means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Everything is so neat--I have a quilt in my little trailer, too. My Mom made it years ago and I like having her along on my trips. I keep her thimble with me, too.

    Viola looks wonderful! Does she travel with you?

    Looks like they've made great use of space in 23 feet. My trailer is only 21--plenty for me and so easy to pull. I wish you and Joe many, many happy years of travel in your new home (away from home)

    ReplyDelete