Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Signs of Spring in Milwaukie, Oregon

With grey skies and rain it doesn't look like Spring is on the way but our dogwood trees out front are pushing
The little blue bells around the base of the trees are sticking their head up out of their beds,
Rain drops cling to the Lace Leaf Maple branches

The Heather is in bloom (with a few stray blue bells trying to grow in there) It's hard to get rid of those little blue bells. You think you have the little bulb and root system out but come Spring,...Surprise.

And not to be out done, all the tulips and daffodils we replanted are shooting up. We look forward to going to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival each year and adding more bulbs to our flower beds.

 
 

11 comments:

  1. Good by winter, and welcome to spring. Not an indication of spring here today in Arizona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love spring and all the beautiful flowers in bloom. Keep posting all the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good signs spring is just around the corner. I always look forward to the daffodils.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, Betty. Looks like we may have a cold couple of days coming up but hopefully spring is not too far behind. My daffodils are several inches tall now. Loved the raindrops picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that Spring is close by, my tulips are probably coming up too, I miss then every year. Cold here in Fort Davis TX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures, my tulips are probably poking up but I will miss them again this year. Cold here in Fort Davis, TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures, my tulips are probably poking up but I will miss them again this year. Cold here in Fort Davis, TX

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so beautiful to see the flowers start to shoot up in the spring. We still have about 3 feet of snow on top of our flower beds here. So will be awhile before I see my bulbs rise from the frozen earth. Keep those pictures coming so I can dream of warmer weather here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess they need those spring rains to get going. Sure looks like spring from your pictures. That's how it started in Virginia when we lived there. Dogwoods, daffodils, tulips. What a beautiful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring is my favorite season. Rebirth all around. Thanks for a lovely reminder of Oregon springtime.

    ReplyDelete