Thursday, January 10, 2013

LISTS

Thursdays around our house is "List Day" We have a list of all the things we need to accomplish for the rest of the week. Appointments, things we want to see or do, eating out, grocery shopping etc.  My daughter in law, who is a Personal Care Worker (PCW) comes on Thursday mornings and helps Viola with her shower. So this morning we started checking off our list. We had breakfast at Ikea and then we shopped for a couple more pillows for our sofa.
Early in the afternoon we took Viola to her hair appointment and while we waited for her we visited a little antique/collectible store close by that we had been wanting to visit called The Dusty Tiger.  Look what Joe the Pepsi man found there.





I think it needs to be sitting on something besides a doily, but havent figured out what yet.  I keep doilies on the desk top where I have our Bose, a  plant and a book my grandson wrote that I'm displaying.  Maybe I can look around for something more manly.... any ideas? Decorating isn't one of my strong gifts.



The last thing on the list was to...........check out the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile at the Johnson Creek Fred Meyers
We drove around the whole parking lot before we found it in front of the grocery part of the store. Guess that makes sense doesn't it.
Of course it was picture time. The guy and gal below opened the door for us to look inside but neither Joe or I thought to take a picture.  So I have put this link on here that  tells all about Wienermobile
This is the host and hostess of the Wiener Mobile. They were very cordial, showed us the inside, and made sure we had our wiener whistle  and a coupon for a package of Oscar Meyer Wieners before we left.
The front of it reminds me of a space ship. The whole thing was a strange looking machine. The news media had a heyday with it this morning... all in fun.

This shows how the Wiener Mobile has changed through the years.  We picked up the mail on the way home, thus completing "The List" for this week.  We just got word today that Joe will be driving the Miramont Pointe's bus next Sunday the 20th, to take residents to the symphony and I get to ride along. I'm smiling. The concert is entitled "Swing, Swing, Swing and it will be the music of Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Les Brown, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey and more.
 

7 comments:

  1. I remember those old pictures of the Weinermobile from when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the wiener mobile, you have brought back a flood of memories. When I was a kid the wiener-mobile visited our small community. the 1950's one. I still have my whistle!!! Enjoy the concert, love 'big band' era!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen the Weinermobile in its long life. I'd love to know the story of those kids who drive it. It is driven all over I take it. That's an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weinermobile is pretty cool. Have not seen one like that before. Thanks for sharing. Put Joe's new toy on a piece of denim. It would look more manly and the color would match part of the truck. Just a thought. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be a great concert! Love all that big band music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the Weinermobile here at our Freddy's a couple of years ago. I got some outside pictures but didn't go inside.

    That concert sounds great. I love that kind of music. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool Pepsi truck you found! We saw the Weinermobile here at Fred Meyer last year, and couldn't resist taking pictures. It's so much fun to actually see it in person, isn't it? Have fun at the concert.

    ReplyDelete