Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oh Great! From Silver Frost to Silver Thaw.

Joe called me from work this morning and said I ought to bring the camera and take some pictures around Mt. Talbot Nature trail.  I was toasty warm in my nightie, socks and robe................
"but honey"..... it's 27 degrees out there.  Well I got myself dressed for the day, I had already fixed Viola's breakfast so I gathered my things, and the camera and headed out the door. Oh my word. those leather seats  are mighty cold.  It sort of took my breath away for a moment.  Thank goodness for electric seat warmers.  My little Buick may be ten years old, but Joe takes good care of her and she takes good care of me. 
This is the Mt. Talbot nature trail adjacent to Miramont Pointe
If it hadn't been so cold I probably would have walked a little further on the trail.
Oh, the view the residents must have from the two top floors
As I headed back to the car I saw this boot brush 
And this sign right above it. You might have to click on the picture to read it.  I learned something new today.
There must have been some wind in the heavenlys this morning.  It sounds like the rains will return this evening and if that happens it will be slick roads in the morning until it warms up .The weatherman  figures it wil be freezing rain between 7:00a.m, and 10:00a.m. It is suppose to be in the 40's during the rest of the week during the day. Viola will be a "happy camper" Poor lady hasn't seen outside for weeks. We told her when it got back up in the forty's we'd bundler her up and take her to her APAC group meeting.  One of the reasons I love living in Oregon is because of the four seasons we have.  Sometimes, its "too cold", sometimes "too hot", or maybe it rains "too much"  but I guess that's what makes Oregon beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Betty. Sure hope this silver frost stuff gets done soon...although freezing rain doesn't sound very much better. Thanks for going out in the cold to take these photos and share them with us. You're very cool. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your last picture of the sky. It looks like a blanket of snow in the heavens. That boot brush is a great idea and the sign is absolutely right. Thanks for going out in those temps to show this to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and I really liked the boot scraper story!
    Have fun
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photos, Betty! i guess I won't be seeing much of that in Arizona this winter.

    ReplyDelete