Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sadness at Christmas Time


We are profoundly saddened over the Shooting tragedy at our Clackamas Town Center Mall on Tuesday and our prayers are for the families of those who died. So many many people who were in the mall at the time are traumatized and there are also many heros who helped get people out of the mall. Both Joe and I, in separate vehicles were on streets parallel with the mall when this was happening. I have never in my life seen so many emergency vehicles converging on an area like that. At one point all I could do was stop. There was no place to even pull over because of all the traffic. The police just wove in and out and they were going really fast. The mall has been closed for 3 days now and will reopen tomorrow, but I think it will be a really long time before I can walk or shop there again

6 comments:

  1. Such a tragedy, my heart goes out to those families who were affected by this senseless act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so sad...I often wonder what this world is coming to..innocent people gunned down while shopping for their loved ones..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a sad event. We had shopped in that mall many, many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a senseless tragedy. I truly don't understand what drives these people. I guess I can kind of understand if you think the only answer is to kill yourself, but why take others with you. Maybe if the news media would back off. I don't know what the answer is. I'm thankful that you guys weren't at the mall. And my friend Jeri's children weren't there that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something like this has got to shake you to your very toes! I would imagine the whole town will feel the effects of this tragedy for some time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These events never seem to end - witness the terrible slaughter today in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete