Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Miracle of Electronics

When Viola moved to our home in 2006, not only were there life adjustments for her, but she slowly got use to Satellite, Flat Screen TVs, A desk top computer in the living room, a lap top  "connected" to Betty's lap, Cell phones, Betty reading her Nook instead of a book, just to name a few. But tonight topped them all for her.  Joe brought our cell phone in the bedroom and told her to talk to her grandson Rob. (FaceTime)  We put it on speaker phone and turned up the volume.  She just giggled. I think she was trying to process as fast as she could, but she couldn't stop laughing to SEE Rob on the phone.

After we left her room, we talked to Rob for a bit and then I remembered Rick  from Rick & Paulette's RV Travels  had set me up awhile back with Google + Hangout. Rob figured out how to do it on his end, and BINGO there we were looking at him. So Joe and I had a good time visiting some more on a larger screen. Thanks again Rick.



8 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what our world will be like in ten years with all the advances being made in electronics. It's hard to keep up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute photo.
    Last Christmas I was in Ohio and Paul was in Texas. The girls and I were at my dad's house and we Skyped with Paul. My dad just could not get over how Paul could be in TX and us in Ohio and we talk like that. Technology is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a lot of changes in our lifetime. Our children are in for many more in their lifetimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facetime and skype are such a great way to keep in touch with the kids..dont' think I could be away so long if we didn't have that connection..can't imagine not having it now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how things have changed in just a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a terrific story about Viola, thanks for sharing that. She could teach a few younger bloggers a thing or two about adapting to change!

    Glad you were able to hook-up and use Google+ Hangout again.

    I saw your G+ hangout late last night as I was banished upstairs while Paulette and her friends partied downstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that photo. Good for Viola for being open to all this new "stuff". We have Skype but not google +hangout. We don't use skype nearly as much as we should/could. Not sure anyone we know does it other than my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so good to Viola. That must have been quite an experience for her.

    ReplyDelete