Tuesday, October 30, 2012

More of Oregon's Beautiful Fall Colors

We aren't much for Halloween but I do love the feeling of fall in the air. I like the beautiful colored trees and the crunchy feeling when I walk on the fallen leaves, so I bring some of them in to my dining room and set up a fall/Thanksgiving theme.  When I go to the stores, it seems you see all of the Halloween items and two isles over, Christmas items.  What happened to Thanksgiving?  I love to take quiet time during the day and remind myself, of all the things and people I am thankful for. 
I made a run to Fred Meyer's this morning and was thrilled at the beautiful trees in the parking lot. I didn't plan on taking pictures and all I had was my iphone so the quality of these pictures aren't the best. I pick up leaves in the grocery store parking lot, the Post Office parking lot and on my walks and add them to my collection. There are also some acorns and cones off the Sequoia Tree in our park.


These pumpkins were for sale in a huge box outside the Fred Meyer Doors. Orange isn't a color I like to wear, but I love how it "looks" on the pumpkins :)



I get to enjoy these three beautiful trees every time I turn that corner because I live not far from there.

13 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing your nice Fall pictures, Betty. I can never resist taking pictures of all the beautiful trees this time of the year. You've done a great job capturing some of them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly captured the essence of fall and the beautiful autumn colors. I wish we celebrated Thanksgiving earlier in the year like our neighbors to the north.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful trees. Here in South Carolina there are mostly live oaks and rest of the trees are very slow at turning their fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color!! Its too bad the trees don't hold their beautiful colored leaves a little longer than a week or so. We lost all our leaves about three weeks ago. Sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! We are also so amazed at how the stores have all the Christmas items up and on sale. I am so upset! I remember when we didn't even think of Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Not happy with most of the stores right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we actually lived in the Vancouver/Portland area years and years ago, I didn't notice all the fall colors. It was only after we went back years later that I realized fall is beautiful in that area. I think we take for granted the beauty around us. Fall is definitely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with you, stores seem to overlook Thanksgiving and when it arrives, everything is pretty much gone!

    Fall is such a beautiful month and is also my favorite time of the year along with the smell of wet oak leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those tree pictures. They are so beautiful. Arizona just doesn't quite have the same feel. Jim and I were just talking about how Thanksgiving seems to get lost between Halloween and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to see those Fall colors, don't have that here in our part of Arizona unfortunately! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love those fall colours - great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little harvest theme with the leaves & dolls. Too cute! Thanks for the beautiful pics. We don't really get fall colors here in this part of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are great. I also an not a Halloween person. I love your fall decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize Oregon had such nice autumn colors. I feel a twinge for New York State when fall comes around.

    We found Silk Nog the middle of October. Sure, I'm glad, but it should be transient like the fiery leaves of the season.

    ReplyDelete