Friday, July 20, 2012

Gone, all Gone

I learned a valuable lesson the hard way today.  Do not delete your Google Plus account or Picasa unless you want to loose all your pictures on your blog. :(  It was a hard, disappointing lesson learned) But I can guarantee you it won't happen again.  Thank you to Mr. Doyle, who helped me understand what I had done.  

The upside of it all was now I know how to "hangout" on Google Plus. Joe and I actually got to meet Rick before we ever get to Canada as a  result of the Google Plus Hangout App.  I've never learned how to do Skype but this is so easy!! I'm looking forward to using it to "hangout" with my kids, grand kids and great grand kids along with friends.  I'm glad I get to live in this electronic age.  I have a hard time with some of these electronic toys of  mine, but eventually I'll get it figured out.

7 comments:

  1. That is a very hard lesson to learn. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww bummer, I have a google plus account and a Picasa which I was thinking of deleting because I no longer use Picasa, and don't know how to use the google plus...but not sure how to delete them anyway....and not being of a technical nature I just left em there..heck theres lots of room on the mac...my Rick does back up all of our pictures on an external thingy every now and then thankfully..sorry you lost your pictures ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't taken the time yet to look at Google Plus. The "hangout" feature sounds great. We do use Skype. The one problem with Skype is that it takes a ton of bandwidth. I will need to check that out with Google Plus. Enjoy your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we do not DO,we do not make mistakes.
    Best of all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, I enjoyed our 'Hangout' last night. It was nice getting to meet you and Joe 'almost in person'.

    Too bad about losing all those photos but I'm sure you and your blog will be all better in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fear of operator error has kept me from putting my pictures anywhere but on my hard drive or a back up drive. You have my deepest sympathies. It's like having your house burn down and losing all your albumns.

    Guess I'd better learn about hangout if it's easier than Skype. I take it has video. I'm so behind I've never even heard of it. I must have missed Rick's blog on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SAD! I am so sorry this happened to you.

    ReplyDelete